Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sample Size review :)

Good afternoon! I forced myself to study all day for a huge final I have tomorrow so now I will do a little blogging for you all. I have been using up and enjoying a lot of sample sizes here lately. Some are from the drugstore & others are from Birchbox. All in all, i have concluded that I love beauty minis! I obviously get too distracted to commit to one full size of anything. Of course I have my staple beauty products but I love to supplment with minis. They are small & cheap so f I do not love the item there is no harm but if I love it I can always go & get the full size. Most beauty products are soo expensive therefore I am saving money by only spending on what I know I like and will use. Also some items I just want for a season because of a certain scent or for a special occasion. So, enough rambling on about loving sample sizes..Here is a littl review of some drugstore & some Birchbox minis:


This is the amika nourishing hair mask that I received in my April Birchbox. It contains Obliphica  and Argan oils for shine & restoraton. It is also safe for color treated hair which was a plus. This 0.67 fl oz size was completely full so I used it 3 times! That is pretty good, some samples are one time use. It felt like a thick conditioner and smelled really nice, like fruit & flowers. It did make my hair feel softer and less frizzy & dry. I really liked this mask but full size is $40 & I don't feel like I really need it. However, I might splurge when I rank up some more Birchbox points.


Another one from my April Birchbox: juice Beauty Oil-free moisturizer. It is certified organic and made from fruit oils. I really really liked this. It has a pretty strong fruity smell but it was a good smell. It is a pretty thin consistency but a little covers your face evenly. It did not cause my face to break out and actually cleared up one breakout. It was extremely hydrating on my face without being oily. I used it at bedtime because it does not contain SPF & I always protect my face during the day. The full size is $28. Once again, I want it but my less than $10 drug store moisturizer is doing fine.


The Biore Combonation skin balancing cleaner came on the back of astrigent that I bought form Biore. I didn't think I was even going to use it but one day I noticed it on the edge of my shower and thought, why not? It is a clear formula & feels like hand soap when you squeez it out. It really foams when you lather it onto your face. I have used it whenever I get a breakout or feel one coming on & t seems to help. I like it for every once in a while but it would be too drying for me to use everyday. I will not be getting a full size when this runs out.

The St. Ives Apricot Scrub is a drug store classic but I had never used it before. I always get those litle red itchy bumps on the back of my upper arms & one of my friends suggested that I use this scrub. I decided to get one of these little bottles for $1 in the travel isle an give it a try. I have been using it about twice a week for a month now & my little bumps are gone! I had no idea this was going to be successful. I just got one more travel size today because now that they are gone I will probably use it on occasion instead of a few times a week. This is now a beauty staple.

I hope you guys enjoyed my sample reviews. Do you like to get beauty minis or would you rather just buy the full size? If you do like sample size, where you you prefer to buy them? Leave me some comments about how you like to find beauty staples. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment