Monday, May 21, 2012

May Birchbox

Hello! I have had my Birchbox for over a week now & I am so excited to share it with you. I get so pumped every month when that little box is in my mailbox. If you don't know what Birchbox is: It is a monthly subscription to beauty samples. It costs $10 and you get 4-5 sample sizes of high end beauty products. If you are curious, click here. I absolutely love it :) So here is what I got this month:

This month, instead of the usual hot pink Birchbox, it was in a black box with pink design.


I was a little unsure of the reason of black instead of pink, but I soon found out...

This month's theme was Gossip Girl so the regular Birchbox was covered in a sleeve with a pic of New York City backdrop

Since it was Gossip Girl themed, the inside "post card" came with pictures of characters from the show. It has a little greeting about going out and preparing for a night out & being an "uptown lady."

 Here is the back of the post card from the pervious picture, it has a small description of each product I received.

Diorshow Extase Mascara: It is for length & volume with dramatic effect. This is by far my favorite out of the entire box. It goes on smoothly & does not flake or smear. It it very long wearing and gives my lashes a great shape.


Miss Dior Eau De Perfum: It claims to be mostly floral. Personally i think it smells like an old lady & I'm tired of getting mini perfume samples every month. Maybe that's jsut me but oh well.


Miracle Skin Transformer Body SPF 20 in Glow: This is a tinted treatment that covers scars & blemishes on your arms/legs. It appears to be a shimmery bronzer that I think will look nice on legs and my shoulders/chest if I wear a sundress. I haven't used this yet, I feel like I need a special occasion for it.


Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo: this comes out like any other clear shampoo but is pretty thin. It turns into a light foam when you lather your hair. I have used it twice and noticed that even after one use my hair felt more smooth, full, and healthy.


As a lifestyle extra I got a post card note with XOXO on the front that came with a hot pink envelope. I already sent it to one of my friends because it was really cute & i forgot to snap a picture of it.


All-in-all I think my May Birchbox was pretty good. I have never watched Gossip Girl. I did read the books way back in the beginning of high school but I just have not had time for TV lately. I do think that I would enjoy it if I had the time to sit and watch all of them. It is not a show you can watch one or two of and enjoy, you have to see them all in sequence. However, I don't think that changed my feelings toward my Birchbox this month. When I was opening it I thought I might feel a little left out when I opened the box but I did not feel that way at all. I do prefer boxes that are not quite as themed, but I still really enjoyed this one. :)

If you got a Birchbox let me know what you got or direct me to your blog post/video of unboxing! Have a great day :)

1 comment:

  1. you're convincing me! i may have to get in on the birch box bandwagon. xoxo linds {{www.rubygirlblog.com}}

    ReplyDelete