Friday, January 10, 2014

Makeup for when you're sick


Hello everyone. Hope you all are keeping warm out there! Today I am still in recovery mode from being sick so when my fiancé suggested going out this evening, I thought I better start doing my makeup. My first thought when I looked in the mirror was, "How do cover up these dark circles?" & "What can I use to get rid of all this redness?" With those things in mind, I did my regular makeup look with a little extra coverage.

Here is everything that I used. If you would like the recreate this look, you do not have to use these exact products, just use something similar. I numbered them as a reference of order applied & are listed at the bottom of this post. I've added some visuals to assist with your makeup application.

First, I applied #1, the Olay BB Cream all over my face. Day-to-day I skip this BB cream sometimes because I do not always want total coverage. Today I wanted a little extra coverage & this has SPF.


I added #2 Garnier Fructis under eye roller concealer & #3 Almay Wake Up concealer under my eye where the light tan marks are in this pic. The Garnier Fructis eye roller is a yellow-based thinner formula that covers darkness, where the Almay product is a little thicker & lighter than my natural face color, so it brightens up my under eye area. I applied #4 Time Balm concealer by The Balm on areas of redness, which are lined in grey here. I really like this Time Balm concealer, it is a little stiffer consistency & it matches my skin tone perfectly. However- I have had it a long time and the lid is completely gone so it is starting to get a little dried up.
Then I swept my Loreal True Match powder all over my entire face, which is #5 in the pic.



#6 is Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer in Milk Chocolate. I love love love this bronzer! It is the perfect matte shade to warm up my fair skin, plus it smells like chocolate! I added it to the top edges of my forehead & to the hollows of my cheeks- as shown in tan marks in the pic above. Next I applied #7 Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Exposed to the apples of my cheeks. It is a cool toned blush that looks pretty natural. I generally have red/pnk undertones & don't like a dark blush, so this one is perfect.
I lightly filled in my brows with #8 the Maybelline Master Shape Eyebrow Pencil in Blonde. This one is nice because it looks natural & my eyebrows are not "drawn on" looking. This needs sharpened by a pencil sharpener but it lasts a really long time.


Lastly & my favorite: eye time.
I used #9 NARs eye primer. This formula is so great- it is smooth and helps my eye shadow apply smoothly.
#10 Maybelline Eye Tattoo in Barely Branded was used as my eye shadow base. This color blends well with pretty much any eye shadow.
#11 is Loreal Infallible Eye Color in Amber Rush. I absolutely love this rose gold shade but it is a loose pigment type shadow and does not apply easily. It is really messy & causes fallout under your eye. The shade is great though.
#12 Laura Mercier caviar stick in Amethyst. I love this one. It is super creamy and applies without tugging. It goes on in a rich buttery color and blends super easy. It was so worth the splurge! I just added it to the outer half of my lower eyelid & to the outer corner of my upper lid to define my eye. I usually use brown eyeliner in this step but I think the purple pops with my dark eyes.
#13 is Clinique bottom lash mascara. It has a very small applicator which helps apply it to those tiny lashes without smudging under your eye. It lasts all day & I have never had problems with it transferring under my eye. I really like it & mine is almost empty!
#14 is the new Covergirl Bombshell mascara. It has 2 sides: one to volumize & one to intensify. At first look: the container is gigantic! It is as big as 2 other mascaras! After using, I've noticed that the first applicator is large and rubbery & the second one is small and wiry. This made my lashes look clumpy and chunky. I definitely do not like it. Good thing I used a $3 off coupon to buy it ;)



Here is the completed look. Not too bad considering my sickness :) I did not add anything to my lips, I just applied some chapstick.


Here is a complete list of products used & links to buy them:

No comments:

Post a Comment