Saturday, March 1, 2014

Skincare Diary: Makeup Removal

Hello everyone, hope you have all been doing well. At the end of the day I like to remove all my makeup so when I wakeup the next morning I have a clean, fresh slate to work with. Nothing is worse than waking up with mascara smeared across your face & eyeliner ingrained on your eyelids. Sometimes getting layers of makeup off can be frustrating however, I have it down to nearly a science.
First, I take cotton rounds and wet them with eye makeup remover. I made my own, which I found a quick an easy recipe for on Pinterest. I use the saturated cotton rounds to clean off all my eye shadow, liner, & mascara because this is usually what takes the most "work" to remove. I have recently been using the boscia Makeup-Breakup Cleansing Oil. It is so simple to use! Just rub it on your face in circular motions and your makeup will start dissolving. Then, add a little bit of water and keep rubbing, then splash with water to get it all off. To the left in the picture, you can see a wet paper towel. It is a DIY makeup remover wipe that I also found the recipe for on Pinterest. I don't think they do that great of a job so I just use it on my neck to get the bronzer off. At this point, all my makeup is finally gone!

Even though all my makeup is gone, I like to wash my face with the Olay foaming cleanser & my Clarisonic mia2. I got my Clarisonic for Christmas & I absolutely love it. I use it morning and night & my skin has cleared up completely. The texture of my skin is cleaner & a lot of the blackheads on my chin & nose are cleaned out.

This is my nightly routine, which I follow up with moisturizers & treatments, depending on what my skin feels like at the time.

This is my little basket full of skincare. I got tired of all these little bottles falling everywhere, so I put them in this basket & set it on the back of my toilet. It provides easy access!

Do you have a nightly skincare routine? If so, it is similar to mine, or do you just use a quick splash of water and call it a night?

No comments:

Post a Comment