Sunday, November 4, 2012

Decorating?

Hello everyone! I thought I would mix things up & show you a few little "upgrades" I did to my room.


I have always, always wanted a jewelry armior. I had been actively looking for one for about the past 2 years and I just could not find one I really liked, until recently. I have been watching Tiffany's videos on Youtube for a while now and I could not help noticing the jewelry armior she had in the background. I immediately fell in love. It took me a while, but I finally found the exact one from her videos at Pier 1. It was a little more money than I wanted to spend, but I saved up and talked myself into it. It is part of the Hayworth Collection, if you are curious. Here are some pics, I feel like the pics do not do it justice. You have to see it in person to see the full beauty.

This is the outside. It is stunning in person. Please excuse the reflection of my legs in the mirror.

This is what it looks like opened. There is sooo much space inside!
 
 
I am absolutely loving it! I finally have a place for all my jewelry & been actually wearing it. I am exicted. Let me know if you guys want to see it up close with my jewelry organized in it, I'll take some up closer pics.
 
Meanwhile on Pinterest...I saw this really cool shoe rack that was made from a bookcase.
 
looks pretty legit, right?
 
 
I figured I would just buy a bookcase & adjust the shelves to however far spaced apart tehy needed to be. Just buying the bookcase was the hardest part! I went everywhere in search of a bookcase. The only thing I could find was cheapo particle board. So, I thought that might work. I bought a particle board bookcase @ WalMart and when I brought it home it was too flimsy to even stand up by itself. haha...fail! The hunt was still on. I eventually found a real wood, solid bookcase at Target that I bought. Here is my Pinterest inspired shoe storage solution: 
 
 


It's not too bad if I do say so myself. I went with black, bc it matched my room better. I also have too many shoes for just one, and my boots are still in my closet. I might have a slight shoe addiction...

So there are my 2 room upgrades. Let me know if you enjoy seeing this kind of thing or whatever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment