Monday, December 30, 2013

2014 Calendar

     As the new year is getting closer and closer, I thought it would be helpful to share my calendar organization with you. Between working full time, going to school, & planning my wedding -I have a hard time remembering and keeping track of everything. It takes me a long time to find a planner that I like because it needs to have specific points, including:
  • 5"X7" size (so I can fit it in my purse, but it still is big enough to write in)
  • @ least a 2 year reference
  • Monthly & weekly view
  • Tabs on each monthly view
  • Both monthly and weekly views need to have space big enough to write in
  • Colorful pages
  • Durable cover (after all, I will be relying on this for an entire year!)
  • Notes area
  • Future planning section for the next year
Some things I do not like:
  • Each day broken down into hour slots (I am no that strict with planning!)
  • Notebook size or the pocket size
     Now, I know that I could just use the calendar in my iPhone but I can remember things better if I physically write them down. At the end of each year, I go through an put everyone's birthday's on the monthly view and also write in the appointments that are already scheduled: like dentist and eye doctor, or a wedding. At the beginning of each month, I get my work schedule and add it to the monthly and weekly views, so I can glance at either. That is also when I carry over birthdays and appointments onto the weekly view. If there is space to write around the outside of the page on the monthly views, I like to write in goals that I want or need to accomplish that month: like getting my car inspected, working out more often, or renewing my CPR certification. Whatever needs to occur in my life must be written down in this little book or it is gone.
     Since I will be starting classes again soon, I will write in school dates and homework assignments. If I need to remember little details, I will write them down on a post-it note & stick it to the date so it is included. That way, even if there is not enough room, I can still remember everything.
There is usually a binder clip to keep the current month marked, but to keep track of which week I am on, I cut the corner of each week that is completed. That way I can quickly flip through.
     Maybe I am a tad OCD, but this system works extremely well for me. Do you do anything crazy with your planner? Let me know!





No comments:

Post a Comment