Sunday, April 8, 2012

Reviews: elf, Loreal, & Wet & Wild

Hello everyone! I apologize for not doing very much blogging lately. School has been ridiculous but I am on Spring Break so I wll be catching up on sharing with all of you :) Here are a few items I have been using & wanted to share my thoughts on.


This is the elf smoky eyeshadow compact. I picked it up at Target for $3. I was really excited to try tis because I love smoky looks & I liked the color combo in this palette. To be honest, I do not like it :( The colors are not very pigmented. All of the shades seem "crumbly" and did not glide onto my eyelid, even with primer. They were very washed out and cheap feeling. I was extremely disappointed because I have a bunch of other elf products that I love and use on a daily basis. I don't know where they went wrong with this. :(




Here is the Loreal You Code Daily Treatment Eye Cream. This is a part of their Youth Regenerating Skincare that "reduces signs of stress, fatigue, and aging." The box also claims that it is fragrance free, ophthalmologist tested, dermatologist tested for gentleness, and nongreasy. So far, it lives up to all of that. It feels very cool and soothing during application, becuase the tip is metal and shaped like a lip gloss tube for easy application. I love it. It is not runny or sticky. The consistency is smooth and creamy and it is not heavy. Also it does not irrtate my eyes and they are pretty sensitive. I read on the box that it contains caffeine so that is why it feels so refreshing.


This is what the actual tube looks like. It is 0.5 fl oz. which is kind of a lot. I think this will last me a long time.


Another item that I want to mention is a Wet & Wild eyeshadow palette in Silent Treatment. I have been wearing mine every day! The shimmery purple shade is perfect for my entire lid & I like to use the lighter shimmery peach shade for the crease (even though it is made for the browbone). I did not show a picture because mine has had a tragic accident. The darker black crease shadow exploded. I have no idea how this happened because I have never even used the black color. It is very dark with gold flecks in it. I am sure it would look nice on some ppl but I am too pale for harsh black eyeshadow. I seriously did not drop it or anything. That superdark glittery shadow gets absolutely everywhere whenever I use it..I am tempted to take it out of the 3 palette and throw it away. haha, is that crazy? Anyway, I wanted to share that I really love the other colors in this trio & highly suggest them!

Is there anything you suggest I try out? Leave me a comment & let me know :)


No comments:

Post a Comment