Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Review of Garnier B.B. Cream

Good evening. I am supposed to be studying but I am taking a little blogging break instead :) About 2 weeks ago I purchased the Garnier B.B Cream. After using it this long I feel like I am ready to share what I think with you all.


This is the Garnier B.B. Cream in Light/Medium. The box claims to 'Instantly Renew, Brighten, Even, and Hydrate." It provides SPF 15 UVA and UVB sunscreen. It contains Vitamin C, which is great for moisure andnew skin growth. I looked it up and found out that B.B. stands for Blemish Balm. That is not a very glamourizing name for a face cream that has been buzzed about everywhere lately.

I have found it to be an extremely light weight formula. If you are prone to oily skin, this is not the product for you. I have very dry skin but this tends to give me an oily appearance if I apply it too heavily. I have noticed that it covers like any tinted moisturizer, so there is a sheer tint of color but does nothing to any blemishes present. The box claims to "even skin tone and blur out imperfections." It has not caused me any breakouts, but it has not cleared up any that I already have. As for a tinnted moisturizer, it is great because it offers that light coverage with SPF included. I realy like it, especially when I am in a hurry to get ready for class. However, I do not think it is the beauty miracle that the box makes it out to be. I think it will be really nice in the summer when I'm going to the lake or doing something outside since it has SPF. Another note: I think this light/medium is closer to medium. Yes, i am pretty pale, but I have been tanning and I feel like if I was using this in the winter when I have zero tan, it would be too dark. I like this B.B cream but I would like to try out other brands to compare.

Have you tried any B.B. creams yet? If so, what did you think?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, I have tagged you in a question tag, check out my blog for details!xoxox
    & I really LOVE the look of this, will have to check it out next time i go shopping ox

    ReplyDelete