Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Almay eye products :)

Hello everyone :) When I went to CVS last week I picked up some Almay items. I had never used Almay before so i was pretty anxious to use these. Here ya go:


This is the Almay intense i-color powder shadow in 401 smoky-i for browns. Is the eyelash packaging not the cutest thing ever? :)



This is a better pic of the colors without the lid. The base is a classic medium brown, the crease color is a pinkish purple shade, and the highlight is a very typical cream. All 3 are shimmer. When I first saw this I thought, here is another run of the mill boring tricolor quad. The colors for brown eyes are always boring.



This is the payoff :) I realize that it is fuzzy and the lighting is weird, but i took this at work. They colors are very deep. I was not expecting such dark pugmenting, but I really like it.


/This is with eyes open. Once again, not a great pic but I think these colors make my eyes pop.


This is the Almay intense i-color satin-i kit powder shadow in 411 trio for browns.


Purple is one of my favorite colors and i love it in combo with my brown eyes so this one was destined for me, or so I thought.


The colors were so light that I had to layer it a lot. The payoff was minimal. i have much better purples in my collection already. :( this one was a huge disappointment.




Here it is with my eyes open. You can barely even tell I am wearing eyeshadow. I am pretty pale, i cannot imagine this showing up at all if I had a tan.


This is the Almay one coat nourishing mascara triple effect. I absolutely love this! Mascara is my all time favorite makeup anyway, but this one is my new favorite overall! :)


My total thoughts for Almay: thumbs up :) I think that for only buying 3 tiems and loving 2 of them is a pretty good indication that I will be buying more of their line.

6 comments:

  1. Do you wear an eyeshadow primer? If you dont then the colors that are hard to see will show up better with a primer. I notice If I dont use a primer some eyeshadows hardly show up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do wear eye shadow primer, which i should have mentioned in this blog :)

      Delete
  2. Your blog is amazing! I just followed
    could you check mine out and maybe follow:)
    If you do then enter in my giveaway http://beautyfashionbyme.blogspot.com/2012/02/giveaway-thanks-for-great-followers.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I am pretty new at this. I will check out your blog :)

      Delete
  3. I love the packaging of them!x

    ReplyDelete