Monday, February 13, 2012

Birchbox: February 2012

Hello everyone! I have been super sick and done nothing since last week. by nothing I mean even laying on the couch watching tv was too exhausting to me. None the less, I was super excited when my Birchbox came today! \


This month's theme was Spotlight. It goes on to talk about how you shoould focus on yourself and to "highlight your awesomeness."


Here are the contents on my box & my first reaction:

This is the G-1 Mosturizing Face Cream. It is French and has a very classically chic packaging. It is extra tiny, only 0.1oz and smells really good in a medicinal berry scent. I'll let you know how it works on my face once I've used it.

colorscience pro: glow and go Travel Puff. I got the shade All Even (Medium Tone Pale). insde that little white plastic cover is a classic powder puff. It has powder inside of it. the packaging states that you can reuse it until it is empty and then wash the puff and continue using it in another product.. Nothing like reduce, reuse, recylcle! When I opened it: It is attached to the little plastic covering so I dk how you are supposed to store it until you reuse because the back cover ripped off..interesting. The product is pretty lightweight and is the perfect color for me. It is very luminous, but in a pretty slightly shimmery way. I think I'm gonna like this one.

Eye Rock Designer Liner: these are liner strips that you stick on your eyes...at first i was like sweet, these are gonna be a blast and then I opened them. Needless to say my excitement wore off pretty quick. They are huge. As in, about 2-2.5 inches each. Sorry, but I dont have huge eyes. I might try to cut them or something..They look like little temporary tattoos which is kind of exciting. This product has so much potential, but oersonally I am not trying to look like Lady Gaga with gargantuan eye liner..

LA Fresh Eco-Beauty Waterproof Makeup Remover. I love that these are 100% biodegradable and alcohol free. They are made specially for eyes and lips so I'm assuming they are going to be good for stubborn makeup on my sensitive skin. Also I am pumped that birchbox sent me 2!

These are my extras. The pink heart is a nail file, which is pretty cute in response to Valentine's Day. The post card is for free music downloads from Green River Ordinance. I'll let you know what I think when I listen to them because i have never heard of them before.

So that's it. This is the first month that I've only received 4 samples, I always get 5. I am pretty happy though, except for the eyeliner stick ons. I feel like this month doesn't haveas much product overall as all of my other boxes. Oh well, maybe better luck next month, and who knows maybe I will absolutely love some of these.

What did you get in your Birchbox?

No comments:

Post a Comment